From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Sep 2016 12:01:03 -0400
On 22-Sep-16 11:47, Sam Lanfranco wrote:
> First, I agree completely that there is "/...certain naivety about the
> treatment of states as “stakeholders”.../", a naivety that
> underestimates the power that states might exercise with regard to
> Internet Governance in other multilateral settings

Well as one of those who believes there is no multistakeholder model
without governments, I think, perhaps naively, that it is something we
need to learn to do.  And need to do it so that the GNSO maintains its
rightful policy predominance in this discussion.

I hesitate to delve too deeply into the metaphor of the frog and the
blender, but within that metaphor, yes, non commercials, by some
definitions aka civil society, have to be good swimmers.

avri

---