From:
Tamir Israel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tamir Israel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Oct 2015 13:12:59 -0400
On 10/6/2015 1:02 PM, Michael Karanicolas wrote:
> This sort of brings us back to a fundamental challenge with reforming ICANN's
> access to information system, which is the need for some sort of analogous independent branch (I'm not completely certain the Ombudsman fits the bill).
On this point, I'm not sure how far we dare go here, but would it be
unreasonable to set up an arb panel comparable to the ones private ones
used for the UDRP (only, of course, appointed by a cross-stakeholder
nomination committee and with strict independence criteria) for
evaluating such things?

Best,
Tamir