From:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Sep 2014 08:58:01 +0200
+1 Yes we could have had another process about a process to do a process rather than a top down pick, and demographically one would wish for more geodiversity, but it is indeed a trustworthy group of good people.  Especially in light of all the controversy, I would be very surprised if they picked experts with an eye to stacking the deck and undermining the purpose of having external voices.

Bill

On Sep 9, 2014, at 10:57 PM, Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there a transcript from the ICANN morning forum?  Several of the
> PEGgies gave rather good answers. I could not do them justice, so won't try.
>
> I tend to trust the PEGie foursome more than most anyone else involved
> in this whole process. They are smart, informed, experts in their own
> right, experts at picking people as well as capable of acting in an
> impartial and balanced manner.  Recommend the best people you know and
> they will do their best to create a good mix, which for me is good
> enough.  Got to trust some people sometimes*. These people I trust.
>
> avri
>
> * I know this is the NCSG and we don't need to trust anyone.
>

> On 09-Sep-14 14:04, Seun Ojedeji wrote:
>> Hello Adam,
>>
>> Those are general headings, which I earlier saw. I am asking more about the
>> required experience such as level of ICANN community plus other community
>> experience, RIR experience,  required qualification, region diversity,
>> nationality etc.
>>
>> Generally asking what would the review team will lookout for to categorise
>> an individual as being an expert on this particular topic of ICANN
>> accountability.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> sent from Google nexus 4
>> kindly excuse brevity and typos.

>>> called "experts"?
>>>>

>>> Hi Sean,
>>>
>>> areas of expertise are on the webpage Ed gave the link to <
>>> https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-08-28-en>   They are:
>>>
>>> "The areas identified for expertise include:
>>>
>>>        • Internet Technical Operations
>>>        • International Organizational Reviews
>>>        • Global Accountability Tools and Metrics
>>>        • Jurisprudence / Accountability Mechanisms
>>>        • Internet Consumer Protection (including privacy, human rights
>>> and property rights concerns)
>>>        • Economics (Marketplace and Competition)
>>>        • Global Ethics Frameworks
>>>        • Operational, Finance and Process
>>>        • Board Governance
>>>        • Transparency
>>>        • Risk Management
>>>        • Governmental Engagement and Relations
>>>        • Multistakeholder Governance"
>>>
>>> Adam

>>> the plan itself moves forward. To their credit, the Public Experts Group
>>> will be announcing in the next day or so that the deadline for nominations
>>> of  “experts” for the ICANN Accountability & Governance Coordination Group
>>> will be extended from tomorrow to at least the end of the month, if not a
>>> few days longer.

>>> for those of us on the bottom of the bottom up process to be heard. I’ve
>>> been reaching out to people, collecting c.v.’s and trying to put together
>>> some candidates that would reflect the views of the noncommercial
>>> community. You’ll be surprised at how many respected professionals have no
>>> idea what ICANN is or that there even is a field of knowledge called
>>> internet governance. I’m finding that once educated, though, people are
> [...]

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer
  University of Zurich, Switzerland
  ICANN, www.ncuc.org
[log in to unmask] (direct), [log in to unmask] (lists),
  www.williamdrake.org