From:
"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
"Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Aug 2009 11:15:47 +0200
I support in princplr Miltons initiatve and his 1st draft.

Here are two points:
1. I would take out the more emotional aspects by using negative attributes to trademarkowners, ICANN staff etc. This looks too ideological, weakens the document as the "known position of the usual suspects" and is not needed. for me. We can be more diplomativ and this makes ther substanve of our arguments - which i fully support - miuch stronger.

2. I would dd a "historical section " which refers to the argument in 1997-2000 why NSI - which was at the same time registry and registrar - hat to give away the registrar service and why the White Paper called for more competition and seperation. As we know the trilateral 2001 contracta weakened this a little bit but they mad rather clear disticntiuons between registrar and registry services and most of the people today have forgotten this.

Wolfgang