From:
matthew shears <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
matthew shears <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 29 Jul 2016 21:44:17 +0100
Yes absolutely - that is what I was referring to in the text.  In
parallel to the consultation the CWG is working on numerous issues
including that one.

I raised this issue about the vagueness of the purpose in the CWG some
time ago.  It has now been discussed in the and this is the latest
formulation:

“The specific purpose of the Corporation is to operate exclusively to
perform the functions of, and to carry out the purposes of the Internet
Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers, a California nonprofit
public benefit corporation (“ICANN”), by performing the IANA functions
on behalf of ICANN.”

This was agreed by the CWG and addresses the issue of purpose.  The
point in the comments is to address the issue of potential evolution of
the members in the future, which the language above does not account for.

Thanks.
Matthew

--

Matthew Shears