From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 12:25:32 -0400
Hi,

I think I disagree with your prescription and would not want to be a
member of the NCSG your note presages, but that is irrelevant.

The charter can be amended as stated in the charter.  I
recommend you organize an ad-hoc interest group to change it and see if
you can get the votes in NCSG and the Board approval.

https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Charter

> 5.0 Amendments to the NCSG Charter.
>
> Proposals to amend this charter may be submitted by five (5) percent
> of the then‑current members eligible to vote, based on the weighted
> voting as defined in section 4.0. Proposals may also be put forward
> by the NCSG‑EC or the ICANN Board of Directors or one of the Board's
> committees.
>
> Amendments proposed by the NCSG members or the NCSG‑EC will only take
> effect after there has been a membership review, approval by 60% vote
> of NCSG members using the weighted voting defined in section 4.0 and
> final review/approval by the ICANN Board of Directors. Amendments
> proposed and approved by the ICANN Board of Directors or one of its
> Committees will only take effect after membership review and approval
> by 60% vote of the NCSG members using the weighted voting defined in
> section 4.0.  The ICANN Board may require proposed amendments to be
> posted for public comment prior to taking its decision on the
> proposal.

In the meantime, I hope more people can get involved in using the
features and structure of the NCSG we have.

Oh, and I repeat something I have said often before, any group that
wants to create a new constituency has my offer of help with the process.

avri

Ps. As for biting off of heads.  I have only seen that once, a cat I had
used to bite the heads off of the lizards while I was living on Kibbutz
in the 1970s. When thinking about it, it is not something I see myself
doing.