From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Sep 2014 11:40:45 +0300
On Sep 17 22:20, Rafik Dammak ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

[Nuno:]
> > But we need:
> > a) to have a simplified (yet rigorous) admission process
>
> the current process is quite simple, people need to apply through online
> form which is quite easy.

Having walked a few newbies through the process I think it could still
use some improvement. In particular the distinction between NCSG and
the constituencies is confusing to many, and processing the application
through each is somewhat opaque: it would be nice if applicants could
check the status of their application online, including things like
when the next EC meeting is due where it'll be discussed &c.

Which brings me to one technical issue I've been harping about
to various people privately for some time: I see little point
in maintaining three distinct member databases, when two
are (required to be) subsets of the third. It would be much
easier to maintain just NCSG member database and have
constituency membership there as an attribute
(of course still leaving it up to each constituency to
decide who they accept as their members, they just would
not need to maintain members' contact info &c separately).
This would make for an easy workflow for the three ECs,
one place for members to check their membership details, &c.

--
Tapani Tarvainen