From:
Alex Gakuru <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Alex Gakuru <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Nov 2010 22:54:14 +0300
Hi Rosemary,

On Tue, Nov 9, 2010 at 11:14 PM, Rosemary Sinclair
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> for me it's not so much an issue of protecting Red Cross brand - it's an
> issue of protecting consumers who might want to contribute to Red Cross from
> domain name scammer activity

I subscribe to the school that believes that consumers are best
protected not by the service provider, but by rights advocates.
Otherwise it becomes a service provider/organisation's
"customers/clients" business-client relational issue e.g. my ISP or
other online services providers non-profits/groups are not qualified
to articulate my domain name interests, unless they weigh in on my
interests as articulated by rights-based civil society
organisations/advocates.

kindly,

Alex