From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Oct 2016 17:21:12 +0300
Hi,

To be clear, we made compromises on how the report described the different views within the DT. This resulted in the minority view greatly dominating the report’s narrative in its earlier versions. It was unfortunate, and we wasted a great deal of time pushing back on this, but I believe the final version of the report is far better than earlier drafts. But it was quite exhausting and frustrating at times.

Still…, it is important to note that no compromises were made on the recommendations themselves. We got all the recommendations and thresholds we wanted. And with the thoroughness of the description of the minority view in the DT report, it seemed to me like the minority statement was quite weak and redundant.

Since we have time before this comes up before Council again, it’d be great to get more input on this. That’s pretty much the reason why the motion was deferred.

Thanks.

Amr