From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 2014 10:23:38 +0200
Hi,

As I have suggested I believe that the NCSG should submit a brief
statement right as the comment period initiates, condemning the
exclusion and including the Dissenting Report as a comment.

Something like

The NCSG notes with disappointment that the Expert Working Group on gTLD
Directory Services decided to exclude a dissenting comment from one of
it members, a privacy expert. This is an infraction of common practice
for ICANN working groups. In this day and age of heightened privacy
concerns we condemn this attempt to show consensus where there is none.
During a year when ICANN is working to show that it has achieved a level
of maturity that would allow it to take on greater repsonsiblity for
IANA, to once again see the organization ignore dissenting opinions is,
at best, another indication that ICANN needs greater growth.

We endorse, and include, that dissenting opinion in this comment and
request that the Board give this opinion the same level of consideration
it gives all comments.  We also request that the Board append this
dissenting opinion to the EWG report.

<comment here>

~~
avri