From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Feb 2011 19:15:19 -0500
Hi,

I have been working with the SIC and the staff to try and get the last edits in to our charter before it goes out to community review.  The goal is to be ready for a Board vote in SF.

This version, will still being scrubbed for inconsistencies, errors and omissions is pretty much what is going to go out for review in the next day or so.

The last changes to go in, were to match the new Constituency process being proposed by the Board and currently in community review.  By and large, I believe this new general process is consistent with our original proposals, though there are some differences.  One of the biggest difference is the definition of Large versus Small Organizations.  I intend to write up a comment for the review, but understand that we do not need to have the same definition for the SG as do constituencies, though I think it would be good if they were.  another difference is the inclusion of Board oversight in the process, though the SG does maintain its priority in making these decisions.

The Constituency process can be found at:  http://www.icann.org/en/public-comment/#newco-process-recognition

The updated version of the charter, both showing changes and in a clean format can be found at:
https://st.icann.org/ncsg-ec/index.cgi?ncsg_process

I will update it as I have further updated versions.  I expect the community review to start soon, but even if you do not have time to comment before it goes into review, we will have time to comment further during the community review.

a.