From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Aug 2015 19:33:02 +0300
Dear Avri, all,

I am honoured to accept the nomination for NCSG Chair.

I have been really amazed by the amount of support given to me on in
the list, given how low profile I've kept in NCSG of late.
Thank you all.

Indeed I can't help feeling a bit overwhelmed by the expectations some
people seem to have placed in me. But I think I know what I'm getting
myself into, and will do my best, should I get elected.

I must admit I hesitated before deciding to accept: I have been around
long enough to have a fair idea about the large amount of work Chair
has to do, and I have full-time job and I've been doing long hours for
Electronic Frontier Finland (Effi - not to be confused with EFF), too.

But the timing now is good for me: Effi has just hired a new executive
director, our first paid employee ever, which is easing my workload
there significantly, and I've managed to convince my boss at the
University to let me put enough hours for ICANN in my work plan
(including going to meetings without using vacation time) that I'm
confident I could handle it and still have time to sleep (most nights
anyway). :-)

--
Tapani Tarvainen

On Mon, Aug 17, 2015 at 08:18:31AM -0400, Avri Doria ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to nominate Tarpani for the role of NCSG chair.  He has
> shown that he understands the administrative and leadership aspects of
> the NCSG and has gained experience serving in several roles.
>
> He has been with the the NCSG for many years now and has done service in
> roles in the NCUC including building some of their network
> infrastructure  and is currently a member of the NCSG Executive Committee.
>
> I believe he understands many of the organizational issues the NCSG is
> facing, both at the NCSG level, and in terms of working with
> constituencies and within the ICANN system.
>
> I believe he would be a good Chair for the NCSG and would help in
> maintaining and furthering the improvements we have seen over the last
> years in the NCSG.
>

> Thanks
>

> avri
>

> ---