From:
Ron Wickersham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Wickersham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2016 17:10:08 -0700
On Mon, 4 Jul 2016, Sam Lanfranco wrote:

> As Chair of the NCSG finance committee I see our remit as doing the research
> to identify best practices here, identify
> the pluses and minuses of different strategies, and placing that information
> on the table for all to see, and some to use.
>
> It is possible to set up an unincorporated entity account in a Canadian bank,
> with full services across currencies, and with two signatures for disbursal
> of funds.
> The handicap there is the need for individual physical bank visits to change
> signing authority.

Hi Sam,

Could you consider the strategy of each new Treasurer to set up an account
that is convenient in his or her circumstances (travel, citizenship, local
banking laws, etc.) and that as soon as that new account is ready to
accept funds, all the money in the old account is transferred to the new
one?

This means that there is no longer the requirement of an "eternal" account
in the name of NCSG where control of that account is transferred, which
as you point out has some big issues if someone distant takes over the
responsibilities of Treasurer.

In the absence of any bylaws or formation documents that preclude this
approach, it seems to me that the NCSG process that selects the Treasurer
could also approve this method of conducting the Treasurer's business.

-ron