From:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 Mar 2013 22:19:23 -0800
Forgive a tiny tangential nit-pick here, but it may be worth noting that
"Google" originated as a misspelling of the number name "googol" and so I'm
not sure that "Google" should be considered a true generic, even if it
would be operated as closed.

More like a brand that uses "Kleen" in its name to elicit the idea of
"clean"...

(Unless legitimate dictionaries might be including the misspelling as a
legitimate alternate spelling?  I'm not aware that that is the case...)

In any case, perhaps not the best example to hold up in this discussion,
since it brings up tangential issues.

Dan

--
Any opinions expressed in this message are those of the author alone and do
not necessarily reflect any position of the author's employer.