From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 29 Oct 2015 14:03:18 -0400
Hi,

As a past council member of 7 years and having sat in the SCI seat since
the SCI was created, I think that is it important for the participants
to have some degree of understanding of how the council and the working
groups function, as the rules that are being tweaked are by and large
the rules and practices the council and working groups run with.

I am very much a fan of getting new people involved in tasks as soon as
possible and do try to move out of the way whenever possible to make
that happen.  In the case of the SCI, I recommend that anyone that is
chosen be somewhat experienced in the way GNSO works.  The SCI is a
great place to go become a nit picking expert on those rules, but it is
good to go in having a basic idea.

I also recommend you be able to read the docs in
http://gnso.icann.org/en/council/procedures without falling asleep.  If
you don't find them fascinating, even if a bit disturbing because of
slight inconsistencies and ambiguities, this might not be the task for you.

Just a thought.  Please do not take this wrong,  it is heartening, to
see how many people are starting to volunteer for stuff.  And if
everyone runs out and reads the procedures, that will be a bonus for the
NCSG.

avri

---