From:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jul 2016 18:14:15 -0700
Oh, I hope you don't just dump that all on Sam and expect him to magically
pull a rabbit out of a hat single-handedly!

Who's going to give, and for what purpose precisely?  Especially if it
isn't tax deductible.

In normal NGOs that are successful raising funds, there is a separate
governing board (of a formally incorporated body) that is deeply involved
in the "ask" process, according to the "give, get, or go" maxim.

Transparent accountability is of course the first prerequisite for any of
that, but you have to have a compelling organizational structure and
mission in place in order to make a case for funding.  But generally
speaking with nonprofit orgs, it is a Board that leads with their wallets
and networks from the top down -- the Board has the fiduciary duty to
support the org, and donors want to see that they are putting their money
where their mouths are, as a first step.

I thought Avri was joking, or commenting ironically on deficiencies in the
SG and constituency charters...

?

Dan