From:
Tamir Israel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tamir Israel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Oct 2015 13:11:49 -0400
Perhaps a single independent commissioner-type may make the most sense.
The trick I think would be to ensure independence. That tends to be
easier to do if there are more than one, because you can allocate one
per stakeholder group. Still, I think by encoding some criteria (no
strong industry or ICANN affil for 2 years back or something; nomination
committee w/CS representation; dedicated funding for independence) it
can be done.

Another quick thought here: I did not see a proactive disclosure section
in the document. Would it be worth adding?

Related, does anyone know if ICANN handles law enforcement requests or
whether these are handled by the registrars? If so, it would seem that
including the obligation to issue annual LEA transparency reports would
not be out of line.

Best,
Tamir