From:
Jorge Amodio <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jorge Amodio <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 May 2013 02:03:21 -0500
If there is so much "community interest," why the "community" didn't apply for the string on the first place ?  Case example .RIO

But I agree with you, the key issue here is the "process" given that while for example Patagonia is locally recognized as a region, it is not listed on ANY international standard, but is registered as a trademark not only as an international trademark but also as a national recognized trademark in Argentina.

Then based on what international law you will deprive the applicant for using the name when they followed all the guidelines for the application ?

-Jorge