From:
Niels ten Oever <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Niels ten Oever <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 17 Aug 2014 15:17:44 -0500

Hi all,

To add to the list provided by Bill, NCUC member Article19 is involved
with the following sessions at the IGF:

WS83 - Human Rights for the Internet: From Principles to Action -

WS206 - An evidence based intermediary liability framework -

WS220 - Transnational Surveillance & Crossborder Privacy Protections -

Dynamic Coalition on Internet Rights and Principles: The IRPC Charter of
Human Rights and Principles for the Internet: Five years on

WS20 -  Launch UNESCO publication Digital Safety of Journalists

WS91  Launch of an African Declaration on Internet Rights & Freedoms

we're also helping with the cryptoparty and doing a session at the
Internet Ungovernance Forum https://iuf.alternatifbilisim.org/.

Looking forward to see you all in Istanbul, probably already at the
BestBits meeting or the NETmundial session.

Best,

Niels

- --
Niels ten Oever
Acting Head of Digital

Article 19
www.article19.org

PGP fingerprint = 8D9F C567 BEE4 A431 56C4 678B 08B5 A0F2 636D 68E9

On 08/15/2014 02:00 AM, William Drake wrote:
> Hi
>
> Rafik just passed along the info on the staff’s IGF webinar.  In
> replying to David, I suggested we might also share what members of
> the community are doing at IGF.  NC will be very active in
> multiple ways.  I mention some below that may be of interest to
> members. There will be remote participation via the IGF website for
> all these events, so if interested please do join us!
>
> Bill
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: William Drake <[log in to unmask]> Subject: Re:
>> [Soac-infoalert] Webinar - ICANN¹s Participation in the IGF -
>> 1400 UTC: Monday, August 18, 2014 at 2:00 PM
>>
>> Hi David
>>
>> Thanks for this.  I’m traveling and not in an optimal time zone
>> but will try to attend if I can.  Either way, a suggestion: in
>> addition to whatever staff will be reporting, it might be of
>> interest to share what members of the community are doing at IGF.
>> I’ll start, perhaps others could add their activities.
>>
>> NCUC has organized two workshops
>>
>> WS185: ICANN Globalization and the Affirmation of Commitments
>> Wednesday, September 3 • 11:00am - 12:30pm
>> http://igf2014.sched.org/event/e11c908117568a74bc6d8ba4decbbd04#.U-2npVZaZy8

WS153: Institutionalizing the “Clearing House” Function
>> Thursday, September 4 • 2:30pm - 4:00pm
>> http://igf2014.sched.org/event/6d1b3f5fb8950d5fff9a290221ce5024#.U-2oEFZaZy8

NCSG/NCUC/NPOC has organized one workshop

>> WS114: Developing Countries Participation in Global IG Thursday,
>> September 4 • 4:30pm - 6:00pm
>> http://igf2014.sched.org/event/a187b6ef1a88c028f718559353a3758f#.U-2pCFZaZy8

(this is actually about developing countries in the GNSO, but a few
people on the IGF MAG argued that the GNSO was “too narrow” a concern
so the title was made broader and more generic)

>> NCUC/SG member Robin Gross has independently organized two
>> workshops
>>
>> WS149: Aligning ICANN Policy with Privacy Rights of Internet
>> Users Friday, September 5 • 11:00am - 12:30pm
>>
>> WS23: Accountability in MultiStakeholdr Governance Regime ICANN
>> Wednesday, September 3 • 9:00am - 10:30am
>> http://igf2014.sched.org/event/33b459ae9364f68dbb144325a2c5f6d1#.U-2qq1ZaZy8

and of course, various NCUC/SG members will be appearing in other
workshops and in main sessions, e.g. the ones on the IG ecosystem,
IANA & accountability, etc.

>> In addition, I’m conspiring with colleagues in other
>> organizations—Brazil, APC, Diplo, FGS—to organize an all-day
>> event on Day 0 concerning NETmundial and the NETmundial
>> Intitiative.
>>
>> Session on NETmundial (including a Book Release---Beyond
>> NETmundial: The Roadmap for Institutional Improvements to the
>> Global Internet Governance Ecosystem) Monday, September 1 •
>> 9:00am - 6:30pm
>> http://igf2014.sched.org/event/9097a766855469fdddaba729e1698ab4#.U-2r-FZaZy8

As the working title states, one of the things that will happen there
will be the release of a little e-‘book’ I’m coordinating for the
Internet Policy Observatory at the U. Pennsylvania that explores
options for implementing the NM’s Roadmap.  FYI the draft working
table of contents is below.  We would love to see ICANN staff and
community members there!