From:
"Carlos A. Afonso" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlos A. Afonso
Date:
Thu, 19 Feb 2015 23:04:56 -0200
Thanks, Norbert. It seems these topics are non-issues for NCUC. The CWG
docs never mention them. There is a vague use of the word "global" in a
trivial phrase, and this is it. As I said before, the word
"international" is never present, much less "jurisdiction", in the CWG
discussion document submitted to ICANN 52. The numbers community never
worries about this, and their final proposal has already been delivered.

It seems we are all happy with an oversight structure based in the USA
and under USA laws, just like ICANN. Why not suggest it to be based in
the same Marina del Rey building as well?

The opportunity to create a truly international oversight will be missed.

[]s fraternos

--c.a.