From:
Enrique Chaparro <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Enrique Chaparro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 Sep 2016 16:12:03 -0300
Please excuse me, Dan, but here is a conceptual mistake
in your message:

On Wed, Sep 7, 2016 at 3:20 PM, Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[...]
> One issue about STV (also known as IRV in the US -- instant runoff vote,
> which is one way to tabulate such ballots but not the only one) is that it
> is designed for single-seat races.  Most of the questions about the recent
> election had to do with the multiple-seat election and the role of NotA.

Our recent election was not multiple seat, but several single seat races.
There is where NotA effect became distorsive, as a number of us have
pointed out.

More generally, we should try to come out with an election system that
is a) simple, b) reasonably fair and c) non paradoxical. That would be
good enough.

Please count me into the 'election systems SG' if it's formed.

Regards,

Enrique