From:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dan Krimm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 May 2013 15:14:45 -0700
At 9:38 PM +0000 5/5/13, Milton L Mueller wrote:

>I'd be happy to replace ignorant with 'unaware of'.

This seems prudent to me.  "Ignorant" carries additional connotations that
are unnecessary, as they get people's dander up and then they stop paying
attention to content and focus instead on attitude and relationship.
"Unaware" is synonymical while more neutral in connotation.  It leaves the
question of intent (willful or careless, either of which is an accusation)
unspoken, and focuses on the facts as evidenced by behavior.

Dan