From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Dec 2016 22:08:37 +0200
Thanks for this Stefi,

Following up on what Stefi said, I want to draw some attention to a couple of important points:

1. The document discussing the scope of the next WHOIS Review (attached) is very different from the one we discussed on Tuesday’s call. The GNSO Council had initially intended on keeping the scope of the review very limited. Over the past 24 hours, Council representatives from the RySG and BC have drawn our attention to new bylaws requirements concerning the WHOIS Review (which I believe were formerly part of the Affirmations of Commitments). These bylaws will likely require the scope of the review to be broader than first envisioned by the Council. The relevant bylaws language is in the attached document, and you can also find it here (Article 4, Section 4.6(e)): https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en/#article4.

2. Time is extremely tight on this. The GNSO Council is very late in a number of action items concerning different reviews, partly because of the changes in bylaws and procedures in getting the reviews done, as well as staffing them. As pointed out by Stefi, the call for volunteers for this review team is still open, but the Council needs to send its response to the ICANN Board on the scope by Thursday, December 22nd (one week from today). Councillors agreed to solicit input from our respective stakeholder groups and constituencies with a deadline of next Tuesday (December 19th), so that the Council may have two days to consider this input and draft our response to the Board’s question on this (regarding scope).

I know time is tight, but please, if interested, review this document and give feedback by Tuesday at the latest. Anything else beyond that will likely not make it in to the GNSO’s input to the Board.

Thanks.

Amr