From:
Norbert Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norbert Klein <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Sep 2014 16:29:39 +0700
/William Drake wrote:/
On 3) ..."It also ties directly to a debate that both Fadi and some
board members have been starting in various contexts, particularly the
SO-AC-SG chairs space, about “trust” and the weaknesses thereof revealed
in the accountability process.  Having a frank and open discussion of
this would be useful"

I think in this case it would also be good to "to specify exactly which
outcomes on non-outcomes to date we have a concern about, otherwise we
could get sort of generic answers back about how of course they are
following the process blah blah blah" (as On 2) below.

Maybe stating here a reference to the response by Fadi Chehade and
Stephen Crocker (in response to the stakeholder leader's letter
/"Enhancing ICANN Accountability and Governance"/ to Fadi Chehade and
the Board) if a substantial number of NCSG colleagues also feel that
their response was not an appropriate answer to the serious questions
raised. That is what I feel - it has not raised my "trust". And NOT
raising this frankly and specifically may result in loosing a unique
opportunity for an open discussion with the board.

Norbert Klein
Cambodia