From:
"Subrenat, Jean-Jacques" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Subrenat, Jean-Jacques
Date:
Thu, 21 May 2015 12:18:45 +0200
Thank you Milton, Paul and Rafik for your interesting contributions.

The notion of "risks" was brought up on several occasions in this thread. The "risk" most frequently referred to is that some authority (say the US Congress) might become impatient and call off the transition of oversight, or any further globalization of ICANN.

This does illustrate -and Milton correctly pointed out- that this fear, expressed as a risk, fosters the tendency towards self-censorship by parts of the community.

So the ultimate question is whether the global Internet community has any justification at all in calling for a more global Internet. Is it illegitimate?

Jean-Jacques.