From:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Johan Helsingius <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2024 15:00:21 +0100
As one of our councillors had to cancel their travel, we have a spare
travel slot that we need to assign before January 17th.

I am hereby requesting those of you who are interested to submit
(as per the NCSG operating procedures) your Motivation Statement
to me by private email, copying ICANN support staff. As we need
some time to evaluate the statements, the deadline to submit your
statements is Friday, January 12.

The operating procedures stipulate that:

- The Motivation Statement must explain in detail why the
   applicant would like to attend the meeting, provide evidence of
   full and verifiable engagement in Domain Name System policy
   deliberations, proof that the applicant has previously attended
   calls and contributed to PDPs, NCSG Policy Committee meetings
   and other relevant policy and related meetings, and explain why
   their physical presence is important for this meeting,
   mentioning specific tasks they commit to carry out on behalf of
   the NCSG. The tasks must be related to the NCSG and advance the
   NCSG’s interests at that specific ICANN meeting.

- The applicant must commit to attending the ICANN meeting fully,
   be at the meeting venue every day, and be present to the
   greatest extent possible at all NCSG meetings, constituency
   meetings, GNSO Council meetings, and PDP sessions for which they
   have expressed interest in their Motivation Statement. If the
   selected applicant does not appear to be present at the venue
   without justification, s/he will not be eligible to be allocated
   a travel slot in the future. The decision of such ineligibility
   will be made by the NCSG Executive Committee (in the evaluation
   of at least two members).

(see
https://community.icann.org/display/gnsononcomstake/Operating+Procedures#OperatingProcedures-996937310)

	Julf