From:
Milton Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Milton Mueller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 21 May 2007 11:21:28 -0400
Horacio
sorry I was on the road all last week and missed this message. It's
unfortunate because we didn't get anyone from AP region. We will need to
coordinate better in the future. The virtue of Skype is that it is easy
to get globally. Your method may be better in some ways but unless
everyone knows how to use it, including nontechies who don't know what
SIP is and don't know how to connect to an address lkike
[log in to unmask], we will continue to have this problem.

Horacio T. Cadiz wrote:

>  If someone else has a box with higher bandwidth, volunteer now! How

> many people
> do we expect?

   My 2mbps link should be sufficient for  8 callers. I've created
a conference room in my Asterisk box.

   The number is [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] When you connect
to that
number, you will be prompted for a conference call number.
Press "1234" on your phone. You will then be prompted for the PIN of
the
conference. Press "5678#".  You will then be prompted to record your
name.
This will be used to announce to everyone when you leave/enter the
conference.

   I will keep the conference room open from now until Monday morning.
People can test it the whole day Saturday if they wish to see how it
works.
Just e-mail me if you have problems.

--
Bombim Cadiz
*  Free/Open Source Software (FOSS) --  *