From:
"Carlos A. Afonso" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Carlos A. Afonso
Date:
Wed, 3 Jul 2013 09:19:36 -0300
At a minimum. After all, they are contractors with the USG, responsible
for subcontracting the management of root servers which are considered
integral part of national security.

If the USG orders submissive Italy, France, Portugal and Spain not to
let Bolivia's president Morales to land for refuelling -- putting his
live at risk --, why wouldn't they have a few spooks wandering about in
ICANN, either for real or virtually? :)

No one is happier than China with these events! Now we understand better
what Hillary meant by her perorations on the importance of the "free and
open Internet". Free and open for US spooks to peek into, I gather.

--c.a.