From:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sam Lanfranco <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 2014 09:52:09 -0400
I too wish Milton all the best in this position on the transition
coordination group. I also full faith in his ability to poll and listen
to the ideas and concerns of the NCSG. However, as I reflect on the
general terms of reference for the coordination group, and many of the
comments from management (and some board comments), internally members
of the group are their in their own right (i.e., selected by us but not
controlled by us) and that is as it should be.

If I read that correctly, what is important here is the the NCSG civil
society stakeholder voice has to be directed at the whole process of
crafting an IANA transition proposal. That has to be approached at every
level, in dialogue with our own national governments (to influence their
positions in the GAC), and when ever and where ever the opportunities to
have a voice present themselves. A good idea tabled by Milton, or
brought to the table by Milton from NCSG, has more hope of being
considered if there is a pervasive civil society stakeholder voice
present in every aspect of discussion around the IANA transition process.

Sam L.