From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 15 May 2015 18:40:59 +0200
hi,

According to the NCSG Charter
<http://gnso.icann.org/en/improvements/ncsg-charter-05may11-en.pdf>, the
Policy Committee (NCSG-PC) is responsible for

    Discussion  and  development  of  substantive  policies  and
     statements  issued  in  the  name  of  the  NCSG.  This  activity
     will  require  coordination  with  the membership  and  the
     Constituency

Sometimes the NCSG-PC members write a statement and check with the
membership on the DISCUSS list before deciding to submit as an NCSG
position.

Sometimes a member or a constituency writes a statement and asks for it
to be sent in as a NCSG Statement.  In this case the NCSG-PC checks with
the membership via the DISCUSS list and then decides whether to send it
in as a NCSG postion

Sometimes a member writes their own statement and submits it as their
own statement and later asks for the NCSG to endorse it as an NCSG
statement.  In that case, again after checking with the membership via
the DISCUSS list, the NCSG-PC decides to submit a note endorsing the
comment submitted by the member as an NCSG statement.

You do _not_ need the NCSG's endorsement to send a comment in.  Ever.
You only need the NCSG process if you want it to be sent as an NCSG
statement.

I am excited to hear that you wrote and will be submitting a comment.
At this point, given the schedule, I would suggest you send it as your
own statement.  And if you would also like NCSG to endorse it as
indicated above, I would recommend you send it to the DISCUSS list
asking for NCSG endorsement.

avri

On 15-May-15 14:06, Jia He wrote:
> Dear Avri,
> Thank you to remind us. As a new member, can I ask what is NCSG endorsement?  I have wrote a comment and ready to submit. It is the views from the discussion of my academy. We are ready to submit by academy's name. Do we need NCSG endorsement? Or if I wrote a comment individual by my own name, then need a NCSG endorsement?
>

> Thanks in advance,
>
> Jia
>

>> On May 15, 2015, at 17:12, Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>>
>> hi,
>>
>> The comment period for
>>
>> 2nd Draft Proposal of the Cross Community Working Group to Develop an
>> IANA Stewardship Transition Proposal on Naming Related Functions
>> <https://www.icann.org/public-comments/cwg-stewardship-draft-proposal-2015-04-22-en>
>>
>> ends on 20 May.  5 days.
>>
>> Just wanted to remind people that they can comment as individuals.
>> And wanted to invite anyone who has written a comment to propose it for
>> NCSG endorsement.
>>
>> Do either of our constituencies have a comment they would want to get
>> NCSG endorsement?
>> If so, please submit it soon.
>>
>> Time is running out.
>>
>> avri