From:
Ron Wickersham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ron Wickersham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Sep 2013 10:06:59 -0700
Thanks to Avri for firmly standing on fundamental principles and to tho
beginning of what i hope is an endorsement by others on our list.   I've
seen first-hand the steering at the end of a process to produce a strong
consensus that disregards the areas of discussion during deliberation
that a user rights view would be recognized in the final report, but then
suddenly marginalized for the goal of accomplishing the appearance of
full concensus...especially when the argument for ignoring these user
rights is that business models need wide allowances for divergent policies
and that competition would give choice to the user even though these
policies are buried deep in legaleeze in lengthly agreements and even
those agreements are subject to change by simply posting a modification.

-ron