From:
Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 12:33:34 -0800
Dear Nuno,

Thanks for volunteering.  1Net's Adiel said they would appointing 5 representatives each from the following stakeholder groups: business, civil society, technical, academic to the 1Net Steering Cmte.  NCSG has been working with other civil society networks to provide 5 appointments to the civil society seats (this call for nominations).

The 5 "academic" seats on the steering cmte are separate from the 5 "civil society" seats, even though there is some overlap between the two communities.  I am not sure who Adiel is liaising with regarding the 5 "academic" appointments, although GigaNet was suggested to him by several people for obtaining those representatives.

I'll gladly add you to the list of "civil society" nominations if you wish, however that is different from the "academic" nominations coming from the academic community.  Please let me know your preference.

And thanks again,
Robin