From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Aug 2016 13:11:48 -0400
Yes, i think the matter of elections is important enough to do that if a
new ballot is not issued that clarifies the situation in such a way that
allows people to vote against any candidate they wish to vote against.
The old style NOTA worked, but if that is not clear enough after 5 years
of doing it, then come up with something that is clear.

We are not voting on a slate.  We are voting for individual candidates
and people may have reasons for not voting for a particular candidate.

If you cannot see your way clear to understanding NOTA as it has been
used in NCSG in the past, then give us the option to vote against each
candidate on a line by line basis.

Voting should not be merely symbolic.  It is unfortunate we don't have
enough qualified people willing to run so we have a real choice.  We
should, however, still have some choice.

avri

On 22-Aug-16 13:04, Tapani Tarvainen wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 22, 2016 at 12:59:11PM -0400, avri doria ([log in to unmask]) wrote:
>
>> We are also free to challenge any decision the EC makes with 15 member
>> signatures.
> Yes. And override the EC with a vote, with 60% threshold.
>
> If you think this merits that, you can certainly do so.
>
> --
> Tapani Tarvainen

---