From:
"Balleste, Roy" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Balleste, Roy
Date:
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:25:43 +0000
I also support to sign on.

Roy Balleste

Law Library Director &

Professor of Law

St. Thomas University Law Library

16401 NW 37th Avenue

Miami Gardens, FL 33054

305-623-2341

http://royballeste.org/

-----Original Message-----

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Avri Doria

Sent: Friday, September 26, 2014 8:06 AM

To: [log in to unmask]

Subject: Re: [NCSG-Discuss] [] Joint SO-AC-SG-C Submission on ICANN's Enhancing ICANN Accountabitliy Plan / Registries comments

Hi,

I find I do not share the same zeal others have for some of the points on the joint statement list.  I wish it focused more on Scope and Approval and less on varying formulas for building open community efforts.

I have lots of issues with what is written.  I agree with Adam in thinking the claim that we have figured out how to do Cross Community Working Groups (CCWG) is a bit premature.  Beyond what Adam has said, we do not have a good method for initiating such a group. This one is Board initiated; why is that so bad?  I think that while a working group (WG) should have change control of their charter, starting with a draft charter someone else prepares is ok.  And I think having the chartering

organization(s) approve the charter is also ok.  In this case, I would recommend that the Supporting Organizations & Advisory Committees (SOAC) & the Board can approve any charter, if they wish.  But CCWGs should be the ones that have change control of their charters. I will possibly send in an individual comment to that effect.  Others who have their own points of view  should consider their own brief comments.

But I also see value in working with the other Supporting Organizations & Advisory Committees (SOAC) & GNSO Stakeholder groups (SG).  Given that the NCSG has not prepared its own comment, and has been working with the rest of SOAC & SGs this far on statements, not doing so now is probably a political statement we don't want to make. We should probably join the rest of them in this too.

As time runs out today/tomorrow, I think we should sign on.

avri

On 26-Sep-14 07:39, Rafik Dammak wrote:

> Hi,

> lets go back to some basics here,

> Keith from registries stakeholder group shared the statement and asked

> if we can have a joint statement  between all ICANN groups. we have

> such document to review, to comment and suggesting concrete and specific tweaks.

> We are in consultation mode and see how we can go from there since no

> decision was discussed or made. nobody said that we will endorse it in

> the next 2 hours!!

> I think there is enough understanding that consultation within

> different groups takes time and need to be done properly. lets focus

> in substance and found if there is any point we disagree with in the

> statement and tell other ICANN groups.

> Rafik

>> On Sep 26, 2014, at 5:38 PM, Robin Gross wrote:

>>> Well this isn't a departure from what we said a month ago and a

>>> month

>> before that.

>> It's a new statement.

>> Adam

>>> Nothing new here that we haven't already gone over to exhaustion

>> before.  Do you have any issues with the substance of the statement

>> (which raises concerns NCSG raised over a month ago)?

>>> If you have suggestions for edits, bring them forward.  Don't

>>> presume we

>> can't and should just walk away.

>>> Robin