From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Aug 2009 11:44:10 -0400
On 12 Aug 2009, at 10:02, William Drake wrote:

> I guess the quotes mean that our constituencies are not true
> constituencies in the ICANN sense.  But this is odd, since we
> ultimately conceded that, "The procedures for becoming a Board-
> recognized Constituency within the NCSG are contained in the ICANN
> Bylaws and other procedures approved by the Board."  Also odd is the
> statement that they'd have no electoral or voting functions, when we
> say,

BTW:  yes, i acknowledge that the recent version of the NCSG do accept
the notion of Board approved constituencies.  as time goes on in the
re-negotiation for a future SG charter, I think the SG, once formed,
should consider whether it wants to go back to the the original
version that defined constituencies (i think i was using the term soft
constituencies a year ago) in similar fashion to that used by the
Registries SG for their interest groups.

a.