From:
Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Robin Gross <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Dec 2013 12:49:49 -0800
Friends,

We've been told by Adiel that each of the following stakeholders will receive 5 spots on the 1Net Steering Committee: business, civil society, academia, technical.  Therefore the coalition of civil society networks (NCSG, APC, Diplo, IGC, Best Bits) is working to nominate 5 representatives for civil society to the 1Net Steering Committee.  We are using the same committee and process that we used to nominate the 2 civil society representatives to the High Level Panel on IG last week.

Therefore, we are now accepting nominations for civil society representatives to the 1Net Steering Committee until Monday 9 December 23:59 UTC.  You can nominate someone else or yourself by posting the nomination to this list before then.  Before you nominate another please be sure that your nominee has already agreed to serve on the 1Net Steering Committee if she/he is selected by the larger coalition as one of the five civil society representatives.

Also bear in mind that we will be similarly impaneling the civil society representatives to the Brazil meeting organizing committees in the coming weeks also, but the 1Net Steering Committee's establishment has a tighter deadline so we are dealing with it first.

Of course it would helpful to know just what 1Net has been set up to do and what is the scope of its work before agreeing to serve on its steering committee, but those things haven't been set yet - its largely a chicken and egg paradox.   Therefore, those people who are most interested in shaping the form and direction of 1Net should consider serving on its initial steering committee.

Thank you!
Robin