From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Mar 2017 16:46:02 +0200
Hi Farzaneh,

The point of the question is essentially just that: what we *can* do
with our board member. I think we *do* want more collaboration with
our board member and raise issues through him or her to put to the
rest of the board - but we don't know if we can expect that, so that
we can raise ruckus if our member doesn't fulfill our expectations.
That would be much easier if the Board agrees in advance that
such expectations are justified.

If you have suggestions for reformulating the question, they'd be
most welcome. Tentatively I'd drop the last question (leaving
it implicit) and perhaps be more explicit, maybe like this:

(4) NCPH is in the process of electing its Board member. How do you
see the relationship between the Board member and NCPH? To what extent
does the fiduciary responsibility of the Board member allow any
special relationship with NCPH? Can we expect more collaboration from
"our" Board member, ability to raise issues with to be put forward to
the Board, having him or her attend our meetings to discuss Board's
concerns with us etc?

How's that sound?

Tapani