From:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tapani Tarvainen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Nov 2015 10:47:18 +0200
Karel,

Please reconsider. Note that there are two positions to be
filled in SCI, primary and alternate, and if Stefania moves
from alternate to primary, it still leaves alternate free
for new volunteers such as yourself.

Also, while I indicated I'd be willing to take the alternate
myself, it's not like I need more work, so I'd be only happy
to spread the load and have someone active like you there.
I'll be keeping close contact with our SCI representatives
anyway, I don't need to be there myself.

In general it's also better to have too many volunteers
than too few. I would encourage all who think themselves
able and willing to throw their hat in the ring and give
the Policy Committee the rare luxury of having several
good candidates to choose from.

Tapani