From:
Neal McBurnett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Neal McBurnett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Aug 2016 11:27:47 -0600
I'm trying to focus on the procedures and proposals, and certainly mean no hostility to you, Milton.  I'm sorry if anyone interpreted it that way.  I share some your misgivings on the use of NOTA as specified.  But I think we should to stick to the consensus EC procedural decisions that have been communicated.

I'd suggest to my fellow voters that NOTA is unlikely to be helpful, and may cause problems in the current circumstance.

I think there has been a clear communication of the meaning of votes on the ballot that will be used in the tally procedure, as emailed out right after the meeting:

  https://listserv.syr.edu/scripts/wa.exe?A2=ind1608&L=NCSG-DISCUSS&O=D&P=537500

If we want a change in the tally procedure, now is the time to get the EC to rewrite it.  Again, I don't think that's necessary.  But I especially don't think it is a good idea to ask people to mark their ballots based on the official tally procedure, and then have someone, even the EC, count it via a different tally procedure after the votes are all in.  That is a recipe for disrespecting the electorate.

Neal McBurnett                 http://neal.mcburnett.org/