From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Aug 2016 17:32:45 +0200
Hi,

> On Aug 3, 2016, at 5:13 PM, Arsène Tungali <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> An interesting debate that actually needs to be properly adressed.
>
> A scenario:
> A nomination was made for someone, then people started showing support (with +1s) until they realize there is another nomination that comes in and they now wonder how to cancel their first support given the new one is "more qualified and sounds the best" than the one they initially supported. If we only count +1s made for a candidate, we may get the wrong temperature of the room for so many reasons.

I’ve never seen +1s to indicate who a person is going to vote for. It just shows that the person +1ing believes a candidate’s nomination is a good one.

I don’t usually endorse nominations unless I have something I want to say about the candidate, but I have on occasion endorsed the nominations of multiple candidates running against each other. When I do, it isn’t because I’m trying to mess up the temperature of the room, but rather to indicate that I believe that we have more than one worthy candidate. Who I finally vote for is private, and at that point, I would have to pick one over the other taking into account many factors including candidate statements, etc…

Thanks.

Amr