From:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Amr Elsadr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Jun 2015 17:56:44 +0200
Hi,

I largely agree with everything Bill said. A little more inline below.

On Jun 16, 2015, at 4:20 PM, William Drake <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Vinciane’s message prompted me to go back and reread the thread in which we discussed the topics.  Based on prior experience, I’m inclined to think five questions is more than we’re going to be able to have meaningful exchanges on, so it might be worth paring things down; and that broadly framed questions can lead to uninspired responses and discussions.
> 	• Q 1 on naming policy programs outside of the new gTLD program: I was with those who thought this is a bit broad, so I’m not surprised by the Board’s request for clarification.  Would like to hear from those who advocated it.

+1

> 	• Q2 on IANA: this will be discussed all week and in the Public Forum, so do we need it again here?

+1

> 	• Q3 on fiduciary: again, would like to hear from the advocates what we’re looking for here.

+1

> 	• Q4 on Public Interest Commitments: this seems like it offers multiple angles for conversation, so I’d suggest it be the lead question and main focus.  The Board didn’t ask for clarification of this one.

I’d particularly like to hear more about the work that is supposedly being done by the informal group that was formed in the Singapore meeting on this topic. My understanding is that there are board members involved in it.

+1. This was also briefly discussed during the last GNSO Council call last month. Check the briefing starting on page 4 of the transcripts here: http://gnso.icann.org/en/meetings/transcript-council-21may15-en.pdf. If I’m not mistaken, the CCWG charter drafting team tackling this issue should meet for the first time in Singapore.

> So my suggestion would be to lead with 4, then do 5, and then maybe 3 or 1 in whatever time is left…?

Sounds good to me.

Thanks.

Amr