From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 11 May 2015 19:42:54 +0200
Hi,

Perhaps something like:

A lot is being done to improve ICANN accountability, lets count on that.
The accountablity of the PTI is speculative - it is the pig in the poke*
- no idea how that will work.   We see lots of contract all around, what
have they ever made accountable?

The solution is more complex than the status quo, who knows what other
issues may crop up, what might go wrong.  Everyone says we are rushing
this, well maybe we are doing something dumb.

IANA works well now, everyone says so, as part of ICANN and we should
not take a chance of screwing that up

Or something like that.

avri

* archaic idiom: An offering or deal that is foolishly accepted without
being examined first.  Really a remarkable idiom.  After typing it, i
decided to check it on line for cultural explanation if necessary.
Seems almost every culture has a version.

On 11-May-15 19:23, Nicolas Adam wrote:
> Having not participated in the process, I'm having a hard time
> grasping what the arguments in favor of no-separability could possibly
> be? Especially within ALAC ...
>
> What kind of accountability do these folks envision? People want an
> international institution? Or changing drastically the Board's
> structure of accountability?
>
> I guess it must be a case of "i'm in ICANN and I like ICANN and ICANN
> is me and i'm accountability enough" kind of thing ...?
>
> Please excuse my mobile brevity

---