From:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
William Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Feb 2014 11:24:10 -0800
Hi

On Feb 26, 2014, at 10:38 AM, Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Sorry I missed the call, the WGEC marathon in Geneva has swallowed my life this week.
>
> On 26-Feb-14 18:41, William Drake wrote:
>> Why we would want to be dupes in their campaign is utterly beyond me.
>

> Can you explain what you are saying here in plain English.  I won't ask you who you are calling a dupe because I am sure you meant it as a expressive generality and weren't actually accusing anyone of being a dupe; that would be absurdly mean.

No I am not.  In plane English, why would we support CSG’s private campaign against globalizing policy changes we support.

> Are we only against ICANN Staff pre-emptive behavior when it is our issues they mess with?

No I don’t think we are

> If you are saying this is no time to look the gift horse in the mouth because they are sponsoring NCUC's meeting,

No I am not

> I understand, especially because of your role as the event organizer. I think, though, that it is important to be consistent about our position on Staff&Board unilateral behavior and not only object when our goals are being interfered with, no matter how much we love Fadi.

No it is not a matter of love. It is a matter of the first real possibility of actually getting difficult things to happen in global IG that we have advocated for a decade.  So I tend to prefer allying with those who are trying to push these through rather than those who are trying to stop it, at least on this issue.

> And he is loveable for a CEO.
>
> cheers,
>
> avri
>
> PS.  If this note makes you think i've lost my mind, chalk it up to 2 weeks of WSIS MPP, IGF and now WGEC.  IETF next week, yipee!

I don’t doubt the demands of these two weeks, but would not be so abrupt as to attribute anything to such a temporarily bound stimulus.

Cheers

Bill