From:
Kathy Kleiman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Kathy Kleiman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Nov 2011 15:02:46 -0500
Dear All,
I would like to second Carlos' nomination of Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis
as Chairman of NCUC. I do this out of the greatest respect for
Konstantinos, and out of a great sense of pride. When we founded the
NCUC in 1999, just a handful of people, we hoped that strong leadership
would follow. Frankly, we had no idea where it would come from as ICANN
was an obscure organization, and few cared about our issues.

Fortunately, strong leadership followed over the years for NCUC, most
recently by Robin Gross and Konstantinos. This leadership broadened and
expanded the Constituency into one of the largest and most diverse
within ICANN, and an active leader on many issues, including fair and
balanced rules for the New gTLDs.

Konstantinos studied ICANN before he joined us, and his dissertation on
the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy is now a well-regarded book. He
understood our crazy policy process -- and yet he still joined ICANN :-)
In Dakar, and many meetings before, he has shared his outstanding
ability to lead, teach and encourage the broadest of discussions and
participation.

Accordingly, I wholeheartedly second Carlos' nomination of Konstantinos
for a second term.
Kathy

Kathy Kleiman
Co-Founder, NCUC