From:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Avri Doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Jun 2014 16:14:48 +0100
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	[council] Members / Volunteers - IANA Stewardship Transition &
ICANN Accountability
Date: 	Mon, 23 Jun 2014 15:48:20 +0100
From: 	Jonathan Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
To: 	<[log in to unmask]>

All,

*IMPORTANT - Members / Volunteers - IANA Stewardship Transition & ICANN
Accountability*

It seems we have universal agreement on the link between  IANA
Stewardship Transition & ICANN Accountability.

In order to support these two critical and closely linked areas of work,
we need three sets of volunteers from the GNSO as follows:

*GNSO / CCNSO initiated CWG on **Transition of NTIA's Stewardship of
the IANA Functions***

·         Up to 4 participants (from the GNSO) for the Charter Drafting
Team ASAP

·         Logically, this seems to be 1 per SG

·         There is an informal gathering of the participants (in so far
as they already exist) _today_ at 18h00 in Sovereign (or Cadogan if
required)

*Coordination Group on Transition of NTIA's Stewardship of
the IANA Functions*

·
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/process-next-steps-2014-06-06-en

·         ICANN is seeking 5 participants from the GNSO including 2 from
the Registries

·         Logically, and I believe we are agreed, this seems to be 1 per
SG (excluding Registries SG)

*Enhancing ICANN Accountability*

·
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/enhancing-accountability-2014-05-06-en

·         It has been suggested that ICANN may seek 4 participants from
the GNSO but this is not confirmed

·         Public comment (reply period) open until 27 June 2014

·         Avri Doria (NCPH / NCSG) and James Bladel (CPH / RrSG) to
participate in panel / community session to discuss accountability on
Thursday 26 June, 2014

There may or may not be overlap between the above participants.  I
propose that the Council acts as co-ordinator.

I do not propose that we apply any (GNSO Council) selection process but
am mindful of the desirability of diversity.

Also, I am cognisant that the Council has a management / coordination
role to play here in order to ensure that channels of communication are
well maintained and bottom-up processes are followed.

Please can you communicate and work with / within your respective SGs to
produce these names and provide them to the GNSO Secretariat as soon as
possible.

Many thanks,

Jonathan

Jonathan Robinson