From:
"Andrew A. Adams" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew A. Adams
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 2012 10:09:00 +0900
Timothe,

You have raised this issue before but I don't think we have a clear enough
understanding of the issues on either side yet to come to a solid conclusion
about whether whois should be required to be open to all, open to some,
and/or what information should be available to whom under what circumstances.
I think it is an important issue that is currently mostly being fought over
with soundbites rather than clear analysis. I would be interested in working
with some others to try and define the actual competing needs and desires to
give a good basis for judgements on this issue. Are that any other volunteers
to look at this? I'm thinking it would make a good academic paper for
somewhere like Policy and Internet, actually. Timothe, you seem to have some
clear ideas about what you think the technical requirements for network
stability and technical management are. Would you be interested in engaging
in a discussion aimed at such an explication with myself and perhaps other?
Milton, KK, anyone else interested?

--
Professor Andrew A Adams                      [log in to unmask]
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and