From:
"Milan, Stefania" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Milan, Stefania
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:05:14 +0000
Hello NCGSers

allow me a small detour from our more important discussion, to share a side anecdote from the Intersessional meeting of the Non Contracted Parties House in Reykjavik, Iceland, last week. Besides the unfolding of the 'official event' that some of you followed remotely (which was particularly fruitful, IMHO--I hope to be able to write something up soon!), there were some fun encounters on the side.

A bunch of NCUC and NPOC ventured into the rainy city to meet a few times with the local Pirate Party, even attending one of the meetings between the elected MPs and the citizens; in turn, some of the Pirate Party members, including Birgitta Jónsdóttir whom many of you might know, joined our informal evening sessions. We made contact thanks to other members who weren't with us in Iceland, including Niels ten Oever and Arne Hintz (thanks folks!). It was for many of us a fruitful exchange, and certainly among the most fun (and 'concrete') outreach sessions ever. A lot can be done, outreach-wise, if we go to meet people where they hang out; if we make the effort to listen as well as talk; if we worry less about fundraising and more about relationship-building.

Thanks for all of you, both NCUC and NPOC folks (you know who you are!), who took up the challenge. This is (also) the Stakeholder Group I am proud of! ;-P

and now back to the nitty-gritty of the ICANN-verse ;-)
stefania

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, distribution, forwarding, or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited without the express permission of the sender. If you received this communication in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer.