From:
Claude Almansi <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Claude Almansi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Sep 2009 00:17:24 +0200
On Mon, Sep 7, 2009 at 10:47 AM, Joly MacFie<[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Perhaps a google spreadsheet could work?
>
> http://docs.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=15115

I was thinking the same, because I have found them great for
glossaries for collaborative translations. But I was - and still am -
wondering if some people on this list might object to using a Google
app.
The advantage of a Google spreadsheet is that it has a connected form,
which could be embedded in the Ning page, with a link to the -viewable
but not changeable- html version of the spreadsheet underneath.

So people could enter their data in the form, they'd appear in the
spreadsheet that can easily be ordered by alphabetical order of each
column by those who are in charge of it.

Example of such an alphabetizable glossary (but it'd work for a list of people):

html version: <http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p6XS5oqmWKcjVQZBnlFT9bA&output=html>

related form
<http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=cDZYUzVvcW1XS2NqVlFaQm5sRlQ5YkE6MA>

Embed code for the form

<iframe src="http://spreadsheets.google.com/embeddedform?key=0ApuzSw0MoY82cDZYUzVvcW1XS2NqVlFaQm5sRlQ5YkE"
width="760" height="568" frameborder="0" marginheight="0"
marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

Best

Claude