From:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
avri doria <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Feb 2016 13:13:44 +0200
Hi,

I was on the previous group and would like to be considered for this
continued effort.

One of the major issues circles around the discussion of whether
Enhanced Cooperation is for governments only or for all stakeholders.  I
take the same equivalence of stakeholders position in such discussions
as I take in ICANN discussions, and do not believe that Enhanced
Cooperation is for governments only.  I also do not believe that this is
what is called for in the Tunis Agenda, which put the discussions of
Enhanced Cooperation in the context of the forum, i.e. the IGF.  In fact
I think that the creation of government only notion of Enhanced
Cooperation is a harmful to the participatory democratic process we call
multistakeholderism and will take us backwards.

We have had some government allies in this process, one where
governments have the final say in decision making.  I want to keep
chipping away at this government only decision making process to the
extent that I can.  While at times it feels like a bit of windmill
tilting, I think progress can be made.  And while we may have lost some
of the good will of the governments in the current Accountability
process, I believe that in the long run they will stand with other
stakeholders in rejecting a government only notion of Enhanced
Cooperation.

Thanks for considering my continued participation

avri

---