From:
Flávio Rech Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Flávio Rech Wagner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 May 2013 22:00:22 -0300
I haven't seen any statements from civil society organizations from
South America supporting the approval of the .amazon and .patagonia
applications. Exact on the contrary. Civil society in South America is
definitely against the approval of these applications, as you can see,
for example, from the list of organizations signing the document sent
by Carlos Afonso in a previous message. Let's stop assuming that this
is just a matter of governments and "empty political statements".

In a few cases, governments may reflect the position of the civil society ...

Regards

Flavio